How Long Does It Take To Get A Mortgage ?
Getting a mortgage pre approved will vary from case to case and from lender to lender. A mortgage pre approval are confidently given when all item listed below have been submitted. A top mortgage lender should be able to get a mortgage financed within 30-45 days from pre approval to file funding (closing). When shopping around for mortgage lenders, it’s extremely important to have an idea of what their average time frame for file closing are. Knowing this before hand will let you know if they stay on top of their files and clients closing nees. You must understand that there are many factors why a mortgage pre approval can be delayed. While going through the process of getting a mortgage, it’s important to stay in constant contact with the lender and make sure you get any requested document to the lender as soon as possible. Even though you may feel that you have repeatedly be giving same documents, they are time sensitive; therefore always expect to be giving new and updated docs until you have closed.
Required process to obtain a loan:
- Your Social Security number
- Current pay stubs or, if self employed, your tax returns for the past two years
- Bank statements for the past two months
- Investment account statements for the past two months
- Life insurance policy
- Retirement account statements for the past two months
- Make and model of vehicles you own and their resale value
- Credit card account information
- Auto loan account information
- Personal loan account information
If you currently own Real Estate:
- Mortgage account information
- Home insurance policy information
- Home equity account information (if applicable)
Once you have all these item click here to get your mortgage pre approval.